Saturday, September 6, 2008

The power of the priesthood

This morning I got up to run a 20 mile run, and I was sick! If I didn't beg Sara to sign up 4 days ago, and if I didn't pay $38 for a spot, I probably would've realized I was too sick to run. I said a little prayer, and asked for extra strength to make it through. Like my husband, I'm sure the Lord thought I was a little crazy, but I really wanted to do this. I asked John for a priesthood blessing, and I was on my way. I ran a great race, I felt great! I thinked I talked Sara's ear off, but I absolutely loved it. At mile 18, I felt a blister coming on, but we picked up the speed, and I was able to still run. We ended the race with a decent time of 3:06, and then it hit me, I could barely walk on my foot with my blister, and I came home and my body shut down. I couldn't get off my bed. I am so grateful that the Lord gave me a small tender mercy to do something I really wanted to do.

Today I read third nephi, and these are the verses that stood out to me----verse 6
- Therefore go, my son, and thou shalt be favored of the Lord, because thou hast not murmured. --I feel very strongly about this. We have to remember our attitude when we are in the service of our God. If our attitude is positive when we are serving others, THEN we will be blessed.

13 - And behold, it came to pass that Laban was angry, and thrust him out from his presence; and he would not that he should have the records. Wherefore, he said unto him: Behold thou art a robber, and I will slay thee. -- How often do we get frustrated when we think we are doing what the Lord has asked of us, and if it doesn't go our way, we say, "Well I tried" but did we try again?

26 - And it came to pass that we did flee before the servants of Laban, and we were obliged to leave behind our property, and it fell into the hands of Laban.----Do we quit doing the lord's work when we lose our job, have financial crisis, or lose all that we have?

31 - And after the angel had departed, Laman and Lemuel again began to murmur, saying: How is it possible that the Lord will deliver Laban into our hands? Behold, he is a mighty man, and he can command fifty, yea, even he can slay fifty; then why not us?---very interesting that right after the angel departed, laman and Lemuel began to murmur still!!

No comments: