Sunday, September 7, 2008

Does God exist?


Today was Stake Conference for us, as always it is not so easy to go. I had everything my kids needed to be occupied for two hours, and we were ready to go a half hour before so we could get good seats(I guess we needed to be ready an hour ahead). For two hours we listened, but with four kids how much can you really hear? I did leave with two comments that touched me, that I would love to share:
1st: A story a that was told about a Barber and his customer. As the customer was getting his beard and hair trimmed the Barber mentioned that he did not believe in God. How could a god exist in this world with so much evil and misery he said. The customer then saw a gentlemen pass the barber shop with a very long matted beard, and long, dirty hair. The customer then said that he did not believe that Barber's existed. The barber confused answered,"I am a barber I am proof barbers exist." The man said, "How can barbers exist when there are so many with dirty, long, matted hair?" The barber then replied, "That is not my fault if they do not come to me."
I loved that story, because I know so many people question whether there is a god or not when there is so much evil around us. God does exist, and Jesus is our christ and savior, and if we come unto him we will find happiness.

2nd: I have no idea what the talk was about, I was so occupied with my children, but as I tried to listen, I heard him talking about a mother, and everything she was doing. She knew her children's love languages!!! That hit me, because about 6 months ago I purchased a book about the five Love languages by Gary Chapman. It was a wonderful book about expressing your heartfelt commitment to your mate, but it also included a small chapter about the love languages of your children. I came home to read more, and then got on the computer and found this
about the book on children. I really believe that these love languages are important, in the book, it talks about all five, " Words of affirmation", "Quality time", "Receiving Gifts", "Acts of Service", and "Physical touch". I think that this book would be a great investment. I asked my 6 year old for fun to see what he'd say, I said, " What would you like the most, for me to say, " you are so smart", for me to come play baseball with you, for me to buy you a gift, for me to clean your room for you, or for me to give you a hug?" Of course he said, "buy me a gift!" Then he thought about it, and then said, "Well, first love, and then buy me a gift!" I know that he was a gift to me, and oh how I cherish that gift, I really want to be able to take each of my children, and fill their love tanks to the top, with the correct love!

Our FHE lesson tomorrow
game board

2 comments:

The Crocketts said...

It is a wonderful book. I am still earning every day what I can do to help fill my kids' love tanks. Thank you so much for doing this blog-I love to come and read it!

Natalie said...

Leanne, Wow, you are such an amazing person. Your testimony is so strong and I love reading all your words of wisdom. We need more people out there in the world like you. Thanks for your wonderful example. Living outside of Utah has been a wonderful blessing to me. I love utah and all it has to offer. Outside you have to be strong and your have to be on your best behavior at all times. there is always someone watching you. It makes me want to be a better person and I realize what is important and what is not. I love your blog on living simple. We all need to take that advise and injoy the small and simple things in our lives and not always looking for things to feel up or clutter our lives. Have a good one!