Thursday, September 18, 2008

Peace In your Heart


All too often a family's spending is governed by their Yearning than by their earning. -Elder Wirthlin
I came across this website.
I think that this time of consumer buying is so difficult! We(at least I am) are constantly, daily struggling with the need for more. I found this quote interesting because I read a post in my friend Andrea's blog when she talked about her spirit yearning for her son's spirit who is now in heaven, it put a lot into perspective. We live in a time now where we do yearn for more, and yet that yearn brings more pain, so how do we subside that pain. For many of us(me) we ignore it. I believe that we live in a time now that mastering budgeting, living within our means, and yearning for other things beside material is crucial. There is a reason we are here, we are to learn these things for our growth. There is a reason that my cute dad constantly tried to stress budget, budget, budget. My dad knew that this lesson is VERY important not only for our stay here on earth, but for the eternities. Behold, mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion. [D&C 132:8] This pertains also to the order of our finances. I know this to be true, we have lived it, and are living it, and we STILL struggle to try to master it. So what if we let the yearning of our spirits outweigh the yearning of our bodies here on earth? By doing that we must be able to feed our spirits daily, ponder daily, read our scriptures daily, and say our prayers daily. I hope that I can learn to better myself, and be able to receive that peace in my heart.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Very good point. Consumerism has been on my mind too, and I was thinking of doing a post on it. It's so much a part of our society that we have grown accustomed to it - but seriously, we do not need as much as we think we do.

Cameron and Michelle said...

I am so impressed with your new blog and all the other websites and great songs you have put on it. It will soon be a reference blog for people to go to. What a great thing to offer.

Natalie said...

Always love your words and wise council! Thanks!

Nicole said...

I love this blog you have going. Thank you for putting your time and thoughts into it. It's funny you wrote about this yearning for more, especially worldly things. It is actually my challenge for the week....(to be content with the things I have.)